Streamlined document workflows from the desktop
Most business users of multifunctional output devices look to streamlining their document-based processes to improve their own productivity, increase efficiency and save costs.
They will appreciate the Unity Document Suite as the ideal desktop document management solution that provides all the scanning, organising, search and archiving features they need to manage their desktop more efficiently.
How Unity Document Suite can work for you
Here are a few solutions on how Unity Document Suite can benefit your business.
Healthcare industry Solutions to reduce costs, improve patient care, comply with regulatory laws, and increase operational efficiency. Housing industry Solutions to offer and maintain safe, affordable housing while being responsive to ongoing tenant needs. Insurance industry Solutions to increase productivity, reduce costs, and improve customer service. Legal offices Solutions to improve client service, increase staff productivity, and reduce costs for bottom-line results.
Efficiency and flexibility for daily office work
The powerful capabilities of Unity Document Suite enable businesses to replace inconvenient and time-consuming, paper-based corporate procedures with streamlined and highly efficient electronic workflows. Employees benefit from a personalised and flexible document management system that accommodates individual requirements while providing maximum reliability and security.
Convert paper and PDFs into editable, searchable documents
The Unity Document Suite enables users to instantly create 100% industry-standard, universally viewable PDF files, including all PDF and PDF/A versions, from any PC application – completely avoiding problems with compatibility that might affect productivity. A single click while browsing with Windows will convert Microsoft® Office documents to PDFs or create PDF files of any document.
Unity Document Suite also provides accurate conversion of PDF files into formats such as Microsoft Office documents, XPS and Corel® WordPerfect®. Support for Windows 7 Jump Lists provides quick access to recent files as well as common PDF creation and conversion tasks. Users can for example:
- Create universally viewable PDF files
- Combine scans and photos with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation files for automatic conversion to PDF format
- Combine all pages of a PDF document into a single Microsoft Excel® worksheet
Create industry-standard PDF files
Unity Document Suite lets users access information in paper documents by turning them into electronic files that can be searched and edited. Thanks to Unity’s comprehensive OCR capabilities, the converted documents look just like the original – complete with fully formatted columns, tables, bullets and graphics – saving users having to retype the document. Unity Document Suite provides capabilities that allow users to:
- Transform paper and PDF documents into editable Microsoft Office and Corel WordPerfect files
- Correct typos and change text colours, fonts, point size
- Search all content within scanned and converted documents by alphanumeric pattern or text
- Use Logical Form RecognitionTM to turn paper forms into writeable PDF or Microsoft Word forms
- Copy graphics, charts and text from PDF files and put them into Microsoft Office documents
- Easily extract data from filled PDF or printed forms for inclusion in spreadsheets and databases
- Convert paper and PDF files into .WAV audio files
Collaborate effectively and securely
Unity Document Suite lets co-workers communicate and collaborate like never before. The suite’s complete set of annotation tools enables users to propose edits, exchange ideas, and provide direction quickly and easily.
There’s also a convenient Comment Panel for users to view, organise, prioritise and update all their comments. It is possible to:
- Add notes, annotations, stamps, watermarks, and Bates Stamps
- Redact or highlight important information
- Secure documents by applying password protection and digital signatures
Flexible personal scanning workflows
With Unity Document Suite users can customise MFP scanning destinations, document formats, and more — directly from their computer desktop. The Unity Document Suite comes with a utility called Scan-to-Unity. The connector enables users to easily send personal settings from the PC to the MFP using the server for communication.
- The Scan-to-Unity Connector is a personalised scanning gateway that enables seamless document capture, conversion, routing and management directly from an integrated bizhub MFP. This component of the Unity Document Suite is installed on a server in the customer’s office and is based on the Nuance eCopy ShareScan platform.
- This powerful document scanning gateway was designed specifically for integration with Konica Minolta multifunctional devices. The easy-to-use plug-in works with the bizhub’s document capture capabilities, enabling users to trigger document scanning, conversion, Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and storage in various document management systems.
- The Scan-to-Unity Connector lets users personalise the scanning destinations and available workflows directly from their desktop. After logging into the MFP, users are presented with a personalised set of options. They simply select a choice from their preconfigured personal scanning destinations, press the scan button and their documents are delivered directly to a desktop folder or another specified destination in their preferred format — quickly, securely and reliably. Users can even combine options, destinations and formats into a single step to be executed from the MFP with the press of a button, saving time and making more efficient use of high-traffic devices. With the Scan-to- Unity Connector, users can:
- Set and change scanning preferences, such as file formats, destinations, and others, directly from their PC
- Easily apply any OCR workflow for document process automation
- Send scanned files directly to a specific folder on the desktop PC
- Customise the scanning options and multi-step buttons available on the MFP
- Route documents directly to document management systems like Microsoft® SharePoint®, Interwoven, Hummingbird, Open Text and more for company-wide access
- Safeguard sensitive documents with secure encryption and permission controls
Comprehensively featured for everyone’s benefit
The extensive range of the Unity Document Suite capabilities streamlines and speeds up the work of absolutely everyone in the company. IT specialists and administrators benefit just as much as individual users. And the management appreciates the enhanced efficiency and impressive productivity of the whole team!
- Enhanced flexibility from a software suite that covers the functionality of several applications which usually need to be purchased and installed separately
- Increases work efficiency and performance with the fast conversion of documents into editable file formats and convenient combination of both electronic and paper documents into virtual binders
- Enables personal document processing workflows that save users a significant amount of time by combining operations such as document pick-up, format conversion, spell-check, electronic distribution into one automatic process
- Accurate and reliable OCR minimises conversion errors
- Facilitates the effective, reliable and secure collaboration among co-workers
- Enhances user independence, providing personalisation and control of users’ own document management, conversion and distribution workflows
- Maximises the value of the MFP investment
Minimum system requirements for the components of the Unity Document Suite:
A computer with an Intel® Pentium® III or higher processor or equivalent. Dual-Core or Quad-Core processor recommended for advanced performance.
- Windows XP 32-bit SP3 or above with 400 MHz processor
- Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit SP2 or above
(64-bit support is install-only)
- Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit with a 1GHz processor
(64-bit support is install-only)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or above
- 512 MB of memory (RAM), 1 GB recommended for advanced performance
- 1.21 GB of free hard disk space for the application files and sample files plus 70 MB working space during installation
- 1,024 × 768 pixel colour monitor with 16-bit colour or greater video card
- A sound card for reading text aloud
- A Windows-compatible pointing device
- 2 megapixel digital camera or higher for digital camera text capture
- A compatible scanner with its own scanner driver software, if you plan to scan documents. See the Scanner Guide at Nuance’s web site www.nuance.com for a list of supported scanners.
- Web access is needed for product registration, activation, Scanner Wizard database updating and obtaining live updates for the programme.
- To save DOCX, XLSX and PPTX files (for Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or to load and save XPS files (XML Paper Specification), you should have or install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0.
Nuance eCopy ShareScan v5 Server
Minimum Software Requirements*
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server
- Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise Edition
- System requirements for eCopy ShareScan Suite for embedded devices may vary, depending upon configuration.
Note: Performance and speed will be enhanced if your computer’s processor, memory and available disk space exceed minimum requirements. This is especially true when converting very large colour PDF files. Hyper-thread enabled or multiprocessor systems can deliver better performance.