The DR1600 microfilm scanner is designed to make microfilm scanning quick and easy in a wide range of microfilm recording applications. With intuitive operation and auto focus and exposure control, you’ll have a system that allows even first-time users to produce sharp, clear images right from the start.
- Built-in RS-232C interface lets you connect your microfilm scanner to a PC for use as a data entry camera in CAR (Computer Assisted Retrieval) systems, with full camera control from your PC.
- Precision Konica Minolta lenses are designed for high-resolution images at all focal lengths — from single sheets of paper to books up to .78 inches (2cm) in thickness.
- Other features include:
- A precision fluorescent lamp provides uniform illumination for consistent exposures, roll after roll.
- With automatic width sensing, documents up to 8/12″ × 14″ are filmed in single frames while larger documents are filmed in double-width frames.
- Frame numbers and/or blip marks can be selected and recorded on your film using your microfilm scanner for faster, easier identification and indexing.
Superior Image Quality: The DR1600 microfilm scanner is equipped with Konica Minolta lenses that are designed for high-resolution images from a wide range of originals at all focal lengths — from single sheets of paper to books up to .78 inch (2cm) in thickness.
Uniform Illumination: A precision fluorescent lamp system provides uniform illumination for consistent microfilm exposures, roll after roll.
Auto Exposure Control: Advanced electronics technology provides completely automatic exposure adjustment for sharp, clear images every time; manual focusing is also available for special filming needs.
Auto Focus and Reduction: Just place a document on the copyboard, and the Konica Minolta DR1600 microfilm scanner automatically selects both the reduction ratio and the proper focus to ensure correctly sized images.
Document Width Sensing: Automatically senses and selects the right frame size to suit your original; documents up to 8-1/2″ × 14″ legal size are filmed in single frames, while larger documents are filmed in double wide-width frames — but filmed images are always upright for easy reading.
Single-Corner Positioning: Because only a single corner of your document needs to be positioned correctly, the DR1600 greatly simplifies filming and minimizes document handling.
Frame Indexing: For faster, easier identification and indexing, frame numbers and/or blip marks can be selected and recorded on your film; three levels of blip marks (Item, Batch, and Block) are selectable, and all are encoded inside the camera head for consistent readability as well as more accurate document exposures.
Manual Information Input: You can manually input up to three 4-digit numbers or a single 12-digit number into your microfilm scanner to precisely identify each frame with time, date, or other specialized information; numbers appear along the top of the frame.
Zero-Space Filming: Lets you automatically eliminate the gap between frames, permitting more documents to be filmed per roll and minimizing the flicker effect when you view moving film.
Replaceable Camera Head: The camera head can be easily replaced in seconds, allowing different users to use their own camera heads for specific filming purposes.
RS-232C Interface: Connect a PC to the built-in RS-232C interface, and the DR1600 permits full control of all camera operations from your computer for data entry in CAR (Computer Assisted Retrieval) systems.
Self-Diagnostics: A self-diagnosis system with red LEDs warns you when film is about to run out or when the camera head isn’t locked to the main body of your microfilm scanner.